7/01/2007

Glory on the Top Deck

WOW! OH WOW! WOW! that is how I describe my week-end to you! We had a blast!

The boat trip down took about 5 1/2 hours. We saw some feral goats on an island, dolphins, every kind of shore bird you can imagine and the water was beautiful. We docked early afternoon, and of course, the girls went shopping. They had such a good time.

We went back to the boat, opened presents and ate cake. Several of us slept (Ha!) on the top deck in the open air. It was an awesome experince. I couldn't sleep I was so excited. I prayed all night, just talking to Jesus about the day, about how He brought me through my daughter's birth and everyone was urging me to abort her--long story. We talked about the beauty of the flag when it blows in the sea breeze (there was a giant one on shore just outside the boat). I told Him how lovely everything had been that day--how unique His creation is and I had enjoyed all of it.

We got up, had a devotional and did some more shopping. The ride back home was sunny and I got a little crispy burn, but it, too, was fun. We saw the most beautiful clouds I've seen, but then again, I've never been on the water in a full scale thunder storm. Awesome!

While on the ride home, the realtor called and someone made an offer on my Dad's house so close to his asking price I don't think we're going to counter-offer! Ain't God grand?

It was nice to get away. I was living in an alternate reality for two days and it was great. I came home burned, but relaxed, tired, but rested. My spirit was so in tune with the Spirit I could hardly contain myself. This week-end, God reassured me of His hand in everything that's going on. He is so loving and so gentle. I am simply amazed that He cares so much and insures that I have a good time on a mini-vacation, birthday celebration.

The neat thing, too, was some of the girls are not churched at all and some rarely. My daughter and I were able to witness by saying the blessing before the meals, by thanking Him for a safe trip, by talking about the wisdom of reading the Owner's Manuel of Life, by witnessing to a Jew from Israel at the shops, by singing to Him when I got so excited about the surrounding beauty I could not comtain myself, even by dressing modestly on the boat--lots of little things that hopefully will get their minds and hearts stirred.

Glad to be back. Missed you guys. Holy is The Lamb Who was slain! To Him be all glory. honor and praise!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved hearing about your trip with your daughter! How FUN! God is so good!