7/18/2007

Energy Bar Made in Heaven

I am blown away by the Presence of God. He is so evident in my life right now. You know how sometimes it seems like He's just arouind the corner if you holler, but He's not standing beside you, or there if you need to jump in His arms right that second? None of that these days. I can feel His hand on mine as I lift heavy furniture and rearrange the bed and sofa for the kazillionth time. I have energy and stamina better than I did when I played basketball in high school--well, okay, maybe not that good, but almost!

I wish I could convey through these words just what a miracle it is. Five months ago I barely had energy to breathe. I took long naps, five and six hours during the day, I couldn't clean, I couldn't write, I was a blob. Now this transforming power of God is working through me and it's simply wild!

Daddy's had a grand day. I would whiz through, pat him on the head and he was delighted just to have someone to speak to all day. He's settling in just fine, though he is confused about the layout of the house. He cannot for the life of himself find the bathroom! BUT, I now have the energy and wherewithall to show him. Whoopee!!!!

Dear Lord, You know I can never thank You enough for what You're doing in my life, but that's the beauty of Your whole plan. I can't, You can, so there ya go. You love each of us in our own worlds with the same amount of love. I love You, Father, for taking this weak body and using me to glorify You through an aging father who has served You well. You are most kind. I thank You. Good-night!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen and Thank you Father! God is so good! I am sincerely happy for you Jesus Girl! God has incredible things for you on this ride!

Darla said...

I understand the sense of HIS presence when HE just fills your home with HIMself. HE is incredible, and I think that is what David meant when HE said "taste and see that God is good", praying for you and your dad, and just praying for HIM to continue to blow your mind! haha I love it!! HE truly does reward obedience, Love you sister, me

Faith said...

Hey, not to be nosy, but just wondering why you had so little energy 5-6 months ago. Do you have a medical condition or ...? Just wondering about your story.

Jesus Girl said...

I have been saving that story for another blog--it's long--very long--possibly a book, but I'll give you the short version! I've had diabetes for 39 years, I have kidney disease and because of that I'm chronically anemic. The anemia makes my already low blood pressure even lower. The medicine I take also has side effects--one of which is fatigue and low blood pressure!!!! I have gatroparesis which also drains the puddin' outta me.

Some days are diamonds, some days are stone!

Something happened to your first comment so I'm going to copy it and put it in another comment.

Jesus Girl said...

Faith said:

"I am excited for you and your novel! And btw, in response to your comment on my blog, sure sounds like God has given you the gift of faith! My spiritual gifts seem to be mercy, discernment and shepherding. The BELIEVING GOD study was certainly a boost to my faith! I am encouraged by yours. :)Blessings on you, Siesta!"

Unknown said...

You are truly an inspiriation and a clear picture of how God can do miraculous things in our present day. I am so thankful to Him for what He is doing in your life and how you are inspiring me to not sweat the little thangs!! (as us southern siestas say! LOL) I know just what you mean that sometimes you can feel God's presence with you so strong that you can smell his aftershave! LOL I love Him so and I love you my Siesta!
Donna

charlestonyaya said...

Siesta, You are in my constant prayers as you take on the job as caregiver. I did that for my MIL for 6 years. It truly was my blessing! I am headed to NC next Wednesday - email me at citadeldb@aol.com with a way to connect. KB