7/22/2007

Tired Tranquility

I'm back home. Had a glorious time in Asheville at The Cove with Travis. As always, he brought everyone into the presence of the Lord with his music. Not too many people can make me cry with their music, but he can. I have never listened to him when I didn't feel the Holy Spirit moving like a breath of fresh air through the room.

Hope enjoyed herself, too. The Lord took away her phone service, but not mine. She and her phone have a co-dependent relationship. Of course, I thought it was hysterical--she, well, not so much. God has a way of taking our face in His hands and saying, "You will pay attention this time." She took lots of baby steps forward in her effort to seek God with all her heart. I was proud and I know God was, too. Hope, I love you.

If you've never been to The Cove you need to make a special effort to try and get there someday. God gave Billy Graham a vision for a place where Christians could take refuge. It is an awesome place. God's presence truly can be felt everywhere. Agape love roils up an artesian well from all the workers--most of them volunteer--to splash all over the guests. It's a unique place, a wonderful place, a Godly place.

Daddy did well while I was gone. My daughter took him to get a haircut. He ate good while I was gone. He just didn't remember where I was and when I was coming home. He thought my daughter was my grandchild, but as long as he faired okay that's all that matters.

I'm told the auction did good, too. I'm so glad. When we were leaving Saturday morning, it was beginning to drizzle, but the sun came out later and the auction went on. Everything sold. Everybody liked Momma's stuff. I know we all did.

I'm tired, but it's a good tired. The kind of tired where God wears you out from lovin' on ya so much! My muscles have no stress in them. My mind doesn't have much thought in it. It's the kind of tired where you feel like you're a pat of butter and you melted on the sidewalk in the noonday sun.

Glad to be back, Bloggy friends! Let us come to the Throne with worship and thanksgiving pouring forth from our hearts and mouths to the Savior's heart and ears. He adores us. Let's return the favor!

5 comments:

sammie said...

I am so jealous of your trip. I have to wait all the way till March to see him in Jacksonville.

Profbaugh said...

Praise the LORD that you got to experience the resfreshing worship of Travis Cottrell. I totally agree with you; Travis always moves me too. You know, God knows exactly what we need when we need it. Loved the way he moved with the phone service. Too perfect!!

Praying for you and your dad,
~Cheryl

Unknown said...

I am so envious!! LOL I know I am not supposed to be but I would love to have been there. That was awesome about Hope and her cell phone! I had a similiar experience with my sister at the Living Proof Live event in Columbia, SC. There were many circumstances that made it clear He wanted us both to have His complete attention! I love Him So!! Glad you had such a great experience.
Donna

Jesus Girl said...

There's actually more to the story. I was so tired last night I didn't finish the post.

Hope had been in the parking lot trying to get service, frantic to get it in just one spot, she didn't care where! Nothing. Her phone was dead to the world.

When we got into the car to leave yesterday morning, still in the parking lot, still at The Cove, she opened her phone and screamed, "I've got service!"

As Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the rest of the story."

thouartloosed said...

I came across your post today and am touched by the things you have to say. Especially your post on holding on to things. You are so right-and it is encouraging to see in your writings how the Lord is caring for you in the midst of your struggles.
Kathy