7/12/2007

Love Like Pure Gold

I was about to bust last night to post, but didn't because we had a thunderstorm. I unplugged my computer to protect it from electrical jolts, so I'll give witness to God's love this morning.

A blogger, Nicole, posted a comment on the LPM blog about two weeks ago. She has been diagnosed with liver cancer, she has a 12 year old son and she is 27. Very frightened, very angry at God, very confused.

I immediately felt something for her beyond compassion. I was overwrought with the need to keep up with her and encourage her, pray for her. I believe those burdens came straight from The Holy Spirit.

Several days passed and I heard nothing. She made no comments on the LPM blog, no one had heard from her, then another fellow blogger, darling Darla, posted a comment on my blog. I returned her comment with a comment on her blog and there was Nicole's name and she had a blog!

Naturally, I went there, read her blog and the burden became greater to walk my prayers to the Throne of God and let Him do a mighty work. I did, but I also heard Him tell me to ask yet another fellow blogger, Teri, to post a comment on Nicole's blog. She did. She in turn posted a comment on another blogger's blog (there's a whole lot of blogging goin' on).

Heather has a brain tumor, three small children, a baby who had a heart transplant when born and who knows what else. She understands Nicole's plight. She's been angry, confused, scared, all of it. Heather asked her fellow bloggers to comment on Nicole's blog. Nicole's blog went from 0-78 comments in one day--thats' really phenomenal and this morning Nicole's blog had 570+ hits!

Do you see how God works? He could have done it differently, but He gave several of us the opportunity to do the right thing, ask for prayers for this young woman, thereby giving us the chance to see His love at work AND give us the chance to brag about Him. I love it! Simple steps, no one was burdened with weeks of work, just one simple step and He compounded the interest so to speak! What an awesome and loving God we serve.

My uncle used to sing in a quartet and one of the songs had these lyrics:

"My God is real, real in my soul. My God is real 'cause He has washed and made me whole. His love for me is like pure gold. My God is real 'cause He's alive deep down in my soul."

His love for us is like pure gold and more. Please, if you don't know Him, talk to Him. He will explain to your heart your need for Him. He wants every man, every woman, every soul ever born to live with Him in Heaven forever. Every person, once born will always be. After your earthly body passes on you will be either in Heaven forever or hell forever. He so wants you to choose Him! Take Him up on His offer and experience a love like you've never experienced before!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha! The very first thing that came out of my mouth after reading this post was "Amen!" Then I looked down and saw Darla's comment! How funny!
But seriously God is so amazingly good! I love that He uses the most random things to bring glory to Himself! He is WORTHY!

Sunshine said...

WOOHOO! I found your blog - I read LPM all of the time and Especially Heather's - I have seen your "name" Jesus Girl and TOTALLY love that - so I wanted to read your blog. What an awesome post...I too found Nicole's blog this morning and left a comment. She has been on my heart all afternoon...God blows my mind constantly.

My name is Sunshine and I am so happy to "meet" you! Have an awesome night! Sunshine

Faith said...

What a precious and encouraging post! Thanks for sharing this, for responding to the Spirit's leading, and for stopping by my blog to comment. You are a breath of fresh air, Siesta!

a said...

How Amazing, to be able to touch another soul in such a way. It is awsome what God can do. What a blessing I will be lifting Nicole up in my prayers.