7/02/2007

I Just Want to Talk with You, Lord

I didn't come here to ask You for anything.
I just came to talk with You, Lord.
You've answered a million prayers or more
That I forgot to thank You for.
I just came to talk with You, Lord.
Maybe tomorrow
There'll be trouble and sorrow,
And a thousand teardrops may fall.
But until I face tomorrow's test
I have no special favor to ask.
I just came to talk with You, Lord.
How many times, Lord
Have troubles brought me down to my knees?
Oh, but this time I just want to talk with You, Lord.
You see,
I have really no selfish motive in mind,
I just came to thank You, Lord,
For all the other times...
I just came to talk with You, Lord.
Maybe tomorrow there'll be trouble and sorrow,
And a thousand teardrops may fall
But until I face tomorrow's test
I have no special favor to ask
I just came to talk with You, Lord.
---The Rambo's

This so expresses my heart this past few days. He does so much and I thamk Him so little. He is always there for me. Am I always there for Him? Can He count on me for anything He asks of me? What am I unwilling to do? Or maybe, what am I willing to do?

I want to make Him my steadfsat desire; not what He can do for me. I want to pray in the mornings without one single request--just to talk and commune with Him, let Him know my heart's desire is nothing more than to sit at His feet because I am with Him.

Yes, Lord, I just want to talk with You.

3 comments:

Darla said...

very beautiful! I long for more time to sit at HIS feet, and I truly do miss HIM when I get distracted in daily living. It doesn't take long anymore for me to figure out what and where I took the wrong turn. :) God is good all the time..

jennyhope said...

bless...i got your comment on my blog. i just hate that you only hear about that in Christian books and talks and there are so many people out there hurting. I have prayed for you already as I know how discouraging. I don't understand why we have to go through such hard times. I find myself praying constantly that Jesus will truly fill up my senses...and be everything to me because this life can be so hard. thanks for writing. love jenny

Jesus Girl said...

Oh Hallelujah! Jesus is My Prince Charming. He is my All-in-All. Took many years to work through certain things, but He is My Man!!

Cradled in His Arms