6/28/2007

Bungee Jumping without a Cord

Today? Today was like bungee jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge and realizing on the way down you forgot the cord! But praise God from Whom all blessings flow, I forgot the cord, but He didn't! When I was at the end of my rope (or without one in this case) He supplied the safety net, and boy, did I ever need it today.

My Daddy is heading down hill on a bike with no brakes. His capacity to understand new concepts is about gone. Patience? I have some tucked somewhere in my hip pocket, but it's not readily accessible. This is a lesson God is teaching me. I feel His hand in it. My brother is a calming voice amidst the chaos. I am so thankful for his insight. I have always adored him and today, I adore him more. I am so thankful God let us be in the same family!

I am by nature a loner. I think God may be readying me for long lines of people wanting to buy books from me and talk to me--something that requires patience. And He is readying me for the task ahead with Daddy moving in. I realize it is going to be a challenge--after today, I see what a challenge! I'm willing to go through the fire, Lord, if I can be of better service to You.

I can run this race. I can fight the good fight. I can count it all joy. I can do this thing through Christ Who strengthens me.

I am taking a boat-load of girls on a trip this week-end for my daughter's 16th birthday. I am so excited and so blessed to be able to do this for her. I'll be gone for the next few days, but I'll think of all of you.

2 comments:

Darla said...

Have a totally awesome time, and I do understand jumping without a cord...I am so thankful that God doesn't forget anything and is so extremely detailed. I am also thankful today that even when my focus seems hard to grasp, HE still has my life in control, and I get unlimited do-overs! Glad that HIS grace is new every morning. I can only imagine how hard things must be, as I am such a creature of habit, and everything causes me to be distracted..haha its not that bad, but i think you know what i mean.

I will be keeping you and your daughter and her friends in my prayers this weekend, for safety and just a real good time together.

I need to study for my CDL test, that i am taking on tuesday, and I really feel that God is in this, as I am so far over my head that the only logical reason for all this is God! haha not logical to the non-believer.

P2P, Darla

Unknown said...

You for sure have some patience tucked in your pocket...it is a fruit! Comes along with the Holy Spirit! He never leaves you! Hope your weekend is FUN! It actually sounds right up my alley, girls+away=FUN! Hope your daughter is truly blessed for her birthday!