6/17/2007

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day, Lord!

You are the greatest Father of all. You supply all my needs. You heal my hurts. You piece my life back together when I've made things a mess. You always have the right thing to say. You think I am the most beautiful thing You've ever seen--and tell me so. You took great pains to create me unique--and I must say, You did a fabulous job on that one aspect of who I am.

You have given me talents and blessed me with so many things--both tangible and not. You have given me life. You placed me in this wonderful country. You gave me awesome earthly parents. And, my child--I could never have prayed for anyone better.

And, not to mention, inviting me into Your throne room to talk! You listen so intently. You sing over me. You delight in me and our time together. You love me fully. It's breathtaking.

You have provided for me here on earth and when I go live with You in Heaven. With Your own, royal hands, You are building me a mansion. I pray I am providing You with enough building material that there'll be room for lots of people to visit with me through the years.

You take care of my physical needs, my health, my very breath. When others lost hope in my ability to live, You never did. You sustained me. You've carried me through so many times of sickness and near death experiences.

You fix my broken heart. I've had many, but You've always been there, filling in the deep dark hole humans tend to leave in other human hearts. You've taken me places I never would have gone without You. Everyday, You show me something beautiful You've made--I love those moments we share together. I know I am special to You.

Thank You, Lord.

Happy Father's Day to the best Daddy in the whole world.

No comments: