6/24/2007

He Has Made Me Glad!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but I got home late--went to my first ever tractor pull. What a blast! These guys, and a couple of girls, race the most outlandishly souped up vehicles I've ever seen. A tractor had three, count 'em three, turbo jet engines!!!!! I bought some ear plugs. And this place was so crowded you couldn't stir the people with a stick. No alcohol was served which was refreshing. It was so much fun, I hate to say it, but I plan to go back next year. What I'd really love is to drive one of those babies myself! Of course, I have no way of knowing how many miles per gallon they get. Somehow I don't think they would qualify for anything in the economy category!

While I was there, the most gorgeous sunset I've seen in a long time just appeared. It was amazing. The sun was harsh and bright then the most beautifully round red ball. It set behind a Loblolly pine. I said, "Glad You came Lord. This tractor pull is awesome, isn't it. Thank you for such a beautiful sunset. You're a magnificent artist!"

He is everywhere, and isn't that comforting? I don't have to ever worry God won't be someplace. When those big ole trucks were speeding down the track, straining to pull their load, I thanked Him right that minute for being in control so I didn't have to be afraid. Those trucks could easily have spun out of control and ended up in my lap!

That's why it is a sin to have fear. Fear is nothing more than distrust in the One you can trust. Christians let fear get in the way too much. They seem to have fears and hang-ups the outside world doesn't bother to worry about. I hear Chritians moaning about money and finances,about health issues of various and sundry degrees, and on and on.

Another blog I comment on frequently, had a comment from a Christian woman who over and over agin talks about how scared she is. It's heartbreaking to know all she has to do is reach out and take the Master's hand.

We need to be the most courageous people on Earth. We are God's ambassadors. How can the world believe in Him when we don't seem to and we profess to know Him? We tell them, "Put your faith in God. Believe He rose from the dead. Believe He can save you," and turn around to live weak, scared, faithless lives in front of those same people. Things happen and we lament, "What am I gonna do now?" Well, nothing! You're going to trust the One you tell others to trust. You're going to place your faith in the One that deserves every ounce of your trust.

Sweet Child of God, so many of us Christians need to walk in faith. Fear should have no place in our lives. Live with wild abandon! Enjoy this life! It's okay! I don't say, "Who cares whose watching," because we should care. The world needs to see that Christians have fun--real fun. They laugh gut-splitting laughs. They have joy that bubbles up and over the rims of their cups. We can because Jesus has freed us up. We don't have to worry, fret or be afraid!

Jump for joy! He has made me glad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anita,
I'm enjoying reading your blog...your words are very uplifting and thought provoking. Just one thing, I never thought of you as a tractor pull kinda girl!! I'm glad that you all had fun doing something different. Keep your thoughts coming....

Carroll

Jesus Girl said...

To be honest, I never pictured myself as a tractor-pull girl either, but...it goes along with my multi-faceted personality, I suppose. I almost backed out at the last minute and decided I may never get this chance again, so why not?

Thank you for the encouragement. I had just lamented to someone today that I had lots of hits on my blog but only two comments. I like feedback--we all need positive reinforcement.

Plus I like hearing what others think, too. This is not a commentary, but supposedly a dialogue. Sometimes it gets hard to dialogue with just myself!!

Thanks again, and keep reading and blogging!

thouartloosed said...

Wow. God has been saying this to me for a while now. I'm such a fearful ninny and He keeps reminding me that I don't have to be! Thank you, Lord for leading me to this girl's blog...
Kathy