6/13/2007

Sandwiched In

New to blogging--Wow! So I guess the first thing I want to say is, "Thank You, Lord, for all Your blessings. Your love endures forever!"



My Mom moved to Heaven in March so now my Daddy is moving in with me, my daughter, my husband, my three dogs and our lone bird. Daddy has Alzheimer's along with millions of others his age. Funny I never thought I would join the "Sandwich Generation."

I'm writing a book about all this. I know thousands of families are finding themselves in this less than "fairy tale" setting, but we must "consider it all joy", as the Apostle Paul says. This is where God has put us for His service.



This is Neat! So long, Dear Ones.

5 comments:

Jesus Girl said...

Just checking out the blogging thing to see if I get blogs automatically or if I have to do something else. I told you, I'm new at this!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nita...this is great! I'm with you...I don't know much about blogging either. I'm glad to hear that you are still writing! You know that I have moved in with my Mom since my Dad took up residence with Our Lord, too. I am so glad I was able to do it but I must admit it is not always easy...:) I pray this blogging will be a great success for you...I know I will be tuning in! I'd love to hear more about "Sandwiched In"...

Love Your Sister in Christ,
Nancy

Jesus Girl said...

Yeah! My first comment from my dear Sic Chick Nancy! Love ya girl!

Yes, still writing and praying to finish up the book I'm working on this summer.

From Psalm 62: Find rest, O my soul, in God alone. Our hope comes from Him. He alone is our Rock and our Salvation;
He is our Fortess, WE WILL NOT BE SHAKEN!

Anonymous said...

Anita, You go girl! This can be considered another outreach ministry for you.
I know you can get aggravated at your dad, but at least you still have him. My Dad moved to Paradise in March, 1996, and I still miss him every day.

Jim Strawbridge
Tampa Bay area

Anonymous said...

Hi A
Sorry you did not get my blog yesterday. I'll try again. What I said was: It is a struggle daily to be sandwiched between teenagers and aging parent(s). But God is good all the time and He gives us what we need if we truly depend on Him. My neighbor gave me a great devotion book entitled "Streams in the Desert" it is very encouraging and helpful on a daily basis. It reminds us that so often we are in turmoil so that we can gain more strength and depend more on Christ. As I know you do, but it is a good reminder of what Christ wants from us, not necessarily what we need.
You remain in my thoughts and prayers.
I know it's exciting that someone is looking at the house, but is also overwhelming, so as you already do; pray often!
Debbie