6/19/2007

Hang On!

My Dad continues to decline. Yesterday when I first walked in he didn't recognize me Then he lamented that I didn't care about him because I hadn't called all day. I had, he just didn't remember. This man is not really my Dad, he's using my Daddy's name, but his personality, his physical body, his emotions, his hygiene, even his voice all belong to someone else. This is definitely not the man that raised me.

We still have not made the move for him to be in my house all the time. He refuses to move until his house is sold. It's his last real possession so I don't push the issue. After his license was taken away, I can't force him to move. It would be heartless. As it stands, he's actually very excited about moving in with me. He'll be shocked, though. I'm a lousy housekeeper. I hope somebody like Martha Stewart gets to live with me in Heaven, because an eternity of messy houskeeping might become...well...un -Heaven-like!

But, God, as always, is doing a work in me. I've been writing--a lot. Very therapeutic. My friend, Hope, and I, are getting to know each other better and getting closer. I love this woman with all my being and I'm so thankful God put her in my life. We are kindred spirits, soul-mates, two peas in a pod. You get it. That has been a blessing, too.

I don't know how people do it. Those who don't have Christ in their life. I just don't know how they get through times that are difficult, painful. Jesus is my best friend. When others are busy with their own lives, but you need to talk--NOW--He's there. When people forget you're having a tough time, He never forgets and He's always there to comfort. When others hurt you so deeply you feel like you can't possibly take in another breath--he's there to soothe the hurt and wipe the tears away.

He never said this life would be easy. In fact, He told us to prepare for trials and persecution, but He did promise to always be with us. He promised He would never forsake us. And, He promised if we would just hang on, then He would prepare a place for us in Heaven where there will be no more pain, no sorrow, no sickness. And it's all free. He paid the price. Awesome!

No comments: