8/04/2007

Christ Is The Matter

Darkness is nothing more than a place where it's hard to find your way. Thankfully, I don't have to. I have The Way and He can see fine. He is The Light. His beam shines bright through the dismal dark of ebony nothingness showing me the path that at times seems so elusive.

I took my eyes off my Dear Savior and looked instead at my surroundings. What I saw, like Peter, gave me cause for panic. And I took the bait from the fisherman of the deep where people drown and for several days he has been dragging me under.

But in His inimitable style, Christ threw out the life raft and said, "I won't make you get in, but here it is. When you're ready, I'll take you, and this vessel, to safety."

I'm in. Tired, with muscles unable to support me because of the fatigue I got from fighting to keep my head above water, but safe. I'm lying here now letting Him tow me to shore. The burden is His. That's where it belongs. He is where I belong.

Despair is no place for a Christian. People see us there and it hurts our testimony. We are Ambassadors for Christ. The Place of Despair is like any other bar or hangout. It's a place to drown ourselves in self-pity, self-loathing, guilt, sorrow, you name it. And that old cunning sea-dog, satan, he will gladly oblige us, holding our head under water until we fill our lungs with life-ending water.

No matter what befalls me, no matter who tries to hurt me or get me down, no matter what, it is exactly that--No matter! Christ is The Matter. Like a shroud covering my face trying to smother breath out of me, despair tried to take my life and spirit, but my Savior came in with His Sword and ripped the shroud into pieces, giving me a place to push my head through so I could take a deep, long breath of Life.

Thank You, Lord, for my siestas who have diligently lifted my name, my hurts, my life up to You. Thank You for answering them in such a timely manner! You are my All in All.

Thank You, girls, for all the hard work. I know sometimes prayer and burdens for others can be taxing, especially when you have great needs of your own. I love you all. Christ is The Matter that holds us together, Amen? Yes, and Amen!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Siesta, I need to print out this blog and paste it on every wall of my house that I face each day! What a wonderful reminder of what WE are all about and How we are small and not as big as we make ourselves out to be.
I am still praying for you.
Donna

charlestonyaya said...

I am so thankful that you were back on today!! Still praying for your personal needs, your courage, strength and determination...and you r Dad. Think on this - "Calm seas never make great sailors." Kathy

Darla said...

Amen! and Amen!!! God is good and incredibly faithful!! I am smiling and doing "woooohoooooo"! You have been so much on my heart. Love you Siesta, Princess to Princess

Jesus Girl said...

My very good friend Kathy wrote this. I'm posting on her behalf what she said:

"THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SENDING ME THIS LINK. YOU ARE A FANTASTIC WRITER AND YOU COULD REALLY TOUCH A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH WHAT YOU HAVE SAID AND HOW YOU SAY IT..

MY WORLD IS SO CHANGED NOW.. WHEN I ENTER THE DOORS OF THE NURSING HOME, I AM SO ANXIOUS TO FIND DADDY AND SEE THAT HE IS ALRIGHT.. HE IS SO EXCITED TO SEE ME, BUT CAN RARELY PUT A NAME TO MY FACE.. I HAVE AN ATTACHMENT TO SO MANY OF THE RESIDENTS, NOW. IT IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT WORLD..

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR SHARING AND I HOPE TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS YOUR PAGE FOR A LONG TIME.. YOU HAVE LIFTED MY SPIRITS AND THOUGHTS THIS MORNING.. I SKIMMED THROUGH IT THE FIRST TIME, BUT TODAY I HAD A FEW HOURS TO DO SOME THINGS I WANTED AND NEEDED TO DO BEFORE I WENT TO SEE DADDY...

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND..
LOVE,
KATHY"

sammie said...

Jesus girl, like others you have so touched my life with your writing. My mother took care of both her parent till they died. It was so hard on my dad and her but my sibling talk of the memories of their grandma and grandpa as if none of the pain every exsisted. I was not born yet to give first hand account. Thanks for taking the time to put words to it.

Sunshine said...

You indeed are so precious and such an amazing writer - what a tangible gift of God that you have WOW! I will continue to lift you up - Sunshine

Unknown said...

Yes, I have thought before that your spiritual gift is in your writing. Thank you Siesta for sharing your gift with us. Much love!
Siesta Donna

Darla said...

Princess, praying for you and missing you like crazy!

Faith said...

Dear one, I am glad to hear that you have found hope and relief in Him. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

Faith said...

And I should add ... if you ever do feel despairing again, don't feel like you have to hide it for the sake of your testimony; I believe God is glorified, not just when we are never affected by the storms of life (then they might just think "Wow, she's a strong person"), but when people can see our weakness and our moments of despair and THEN see how He brings us out of it! "We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that the all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."

charlestonyaya said...

Hello friend, Just checking in to see how things are. It's quiet out there...just know that while you are quiet, God and I are talking away about you, and loving on you!! Kathy