8/11/2007

Final Jeopardy!

Well, I guess you don't live 102 1/2 years to give up when everyone else expects you to. My Gramma was expected to die Thursday. They called all the family in to say their last good-byes, but her stubborn will and tenacity have precluded death. Gramma is taking morphine and nothing else. She has two infections, one in her mouth and the other of unknown origin yet she lives. Everyone keeps asking what God has in mind when He lets her live in such a painful, miserable state. Another question that won't be answered until we see Him face-to-face. I keep thinking, "Children obey your parents so that you may live long in the land." She must have been an extremely obedient child!

Daddy is status quo. He is eating, sitting in his chair and when I come to my study to write, he peeps his head in the door to see if I'm here. That's the only time he gets up which is funny because that's the only time I ask everyone to leave me in solitude.

I've made a big decision that left me sad, but clearly God has led me to make. I direct the church's Christmas drama every year. This week, about two weeks later than usual, I went in to look over the musicals to see which one I would do. This year, I am not to direct. I am to focus all my energy on my Daddy and getting this book published. It's sad because I enjoy it and the community expects it, but right now there is a bigger task at hand. The drama takes a lot out of me. I've ended up in the hospital twice while directing and I usually lose about 10-12 pounds. Plus, when I direct, I can focus on nothing else. My book would have to lay dorment until April when I recover and feel creative again. That just can't happen. I'm into the story of the book and I can't afford to lose it. Others in the church will have to draw together and direct, more than likely part of His plan. To show them they can do it.

That said, the book is slowly drawing to a close. The principle characters are in place now for a final showdown of sorts. I'm on page 251 so I better wrap it up soon or I'll have a War and Peace on my hands. I pumped out about twenty pages today. Thank You, Lord!

Seeking, searching, discovering, coming up empty, starting over, broken hearts, sorrow, excitement, joy, peace, confusion, disappointment, relief, laughter, tears, grief, loss, rest, mountain-tops, valleys and ravines--What are the emotions in the day and life of Jesus Girl!

Well, time to get Daddy his bath. He reminds me of a cat not wanting to get wet.

I love you guys and I cannot begin to express how deeply the comments and encouragement you give mean to me. My heart skips a beat when I see I have a comment from one of you. A special love and warmth to K, my new soul mate and confidante. Love to you, Siesta!

4 comments:

charlestonyaya said...

Ahhhh - it sounds like today was a good day!! Glad you heard God telling you what to let go of, and what to focus on. Tough decisions and even tougher life changes - remember this is a new season. David and I went to Disney today - just to buy tickets for next weekend's anniversary, ate lunch at Planet Hollywood and went to a movie - a good day in Tampa, too!! love ya, Kathy
Pray for SIL in Jxsonville - next Thursday, his group leaves for 3 weeks to practice flying in the desert. Moma to be will be home alone.

Darla said...

I am anxious to read that book...so I am all for you finishing it! :) Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...
God does rearrange our lives, and all that I really can get from it is-main objective to bring us even closer to HIM. Can't wrap my mind around it, why our awesome God would think so much of us, but I know HE does...
and yes sometimes it is time for others at church to get off the pew and start learning what a servant heart is like, and see the goodness of the Lord! Love ya Princess!

twinkle said...

Good! I am so glad you are writing! Isn't it neat to know that we WILL give account for our words one day in heaven and we can make them glorify GOD every day...if we choose!
I hope that God will have many BOOKS to open up that are words that glorify Him. Seems so many words are wasted on the negative, lies or discouragement.
May God bless you!

Faith said...

I am so excited to read your book when the time comes!
Blessings on you for your obedience in making your tough decision. I can understand the sadness, but it sounds like a very wise decision.