9/30/2007

Not Alright, but Headed in that Direction

Sorry I've neglected to post. What a crazy summer which is really a microcosm of my crazy life.

My Gramma died two weeks ago yesterday. As I had mentioned in earlier posts she was 102 9/12. She lived a long life, I'm not sure it qualified as a good life. I don't think she would have either. The man of her "dreams," aka my grandfather, was an alcoholic. Need I elaborate? She's in Heaven now so all is well in her world.

Saw my younger brother at the funeral. He did not speak to me or my other brother, but it's okay. I spoke, but I can't make him like me. Relatives aren't always friend material. My sister said three words, "You brought daddy." Well, of course I brought Daddy. He was only married to Gramma's daughter 61 years.

Harvest House, who was the publisher looking at my book, took way too long to give me a refusal. I'm disappointed, but life goes on. I've sent a query to another publisher and when I'm through with the editing, I'm going to throw myself into finding someone or something to publish this baby! Finishing the book was awesome! I cannot explain how I felt, but it was an emotional experience to say the least.

Please continue to pray that God will see fit to get this thing published, readers' lives will be changed as they see the danger in "playng" Christian, and will be more vigilent when their churches need to choose a man for their leader/pastor.

The woman I was trying to help out this summer bowed out of doing the Beth Moore study (boo/hiss), but I am still trying to counsel her about life in general. I don't think she ever really got the whole "relate to people" thing, but she's catching on.

My husband and I separated--which is a good thing. We still talk, in fact, more than we ever did as a married couple, but the burden on my shoulders feels a ton lighter since that whole thing took place. He'll be moving about eight hours away from here.

My Daddy? Well, he declines a bit everday. He's getting a little more demanding as he gets comfortable with living here, and his mind is not completely mush, but it is like soggy Corn Flakes. He doesn't get up from his chair except to go to the bathroom--which he is now completely and utterly obssessed with--and I think he prays everyday for the Lord to take him to Momma. He might have better results if he asked for Him to come get him so he could be with Jesus--just a thought.

Got several trips planned for this upcoming October--I get wanderlust in the fall--including the Women of Faith conference, a seminar to hear Joeseph Stowell and a trip to Pennsylvania to see some dear friends. Daddy will be staying with my brother in Richmond. It'll be good for us to be apart for awhile.

People have been asking me if I'm alright. The answer is, "No," but I will be. My uncle died March 20, Momma died March 23, I sold, gave away or threw away everything she ever owned in about a six week span of time, sold Momma and Daddy's house, got bills paid, hired workmen to get the house ready to sell, moved Daddy in with me, my husband and I parted ways, my Gramma died September 15 and I got my first ever credit card--NO! I'm not okay--but I will be. I'm a child of the King. I will be all right.

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Bless your heart - I am praying for you! I hope you have a wonderful time at the Women of Faith conference - I have heard that it is awesome! I hope you get your book published - I will be in line to buy a copy! Sunshine

Unknown said...

tryng to type with one hand but wanted to say that you are loved by the King and He is with you through all these trials. I am praying for you. The marriage I am in now is my second one. I can relate the weight lifted that you are feeling. The book will be published by whom God wants to publish it. I want to buy a copy also! Love to you my siesta!
Donna

Faith said...

Goodness, Siesta, you have been through a lot lately. My heart is so tender toward you. Praying that you will find rest and comfort in His arms and in fellowship with His people who can be there for you in person, and that you will be refreshed. You are dear to me, sweet Sister!

thouartloosed said...

Dear Siesta,
I'm saying a prayer for you. I look forward to reading your book.
Kathy